Saturday, September 10, 2011

I never want to leave

I finally have access to internet for a moment - my roomate, Kate, from Russia, is letting me borrow her laptop so I can update my blog. I have been taking tons of pictures but I can't post them because I didn't bring the cable with me, and all I have is a SIM card. Suggestions? I can't get over how awesome it is here. So far the only things I don't like are the humidity and the liver paste my host mom gave me to try. This week has been a blur. Orientations, meetings, neighborhood walks, permisso di soggiorno, and moving in with italian strangers. I have unpacked and finally I don't feel as dizzy today. It's saturday afternoon and soon my host family will take us out to get some comfortable shoes and show us the town. I'm tired because I stayed up almost all of last night. Jane, Kate, Mark, Mark (yeah there are like 5 guys named mark in the syracuse program) all went to the Duomo and out to the bars. I wore my cute heals and got some attention from the locals, but nothing creepy. It has been amazing. I got home around 3am to moonlight streeming onto my bed from the skylight and slept in till 10am this morning. Who knows where today will take me. Classes start on monday and I can't wait. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Have you learned how to gesture like an Italian while your talking? (Or is that a myth?)

    You can buy camera cables for cheap online like from Amazon. (http://www.amazon.it/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something lie this might work too (basically you pull the memory card out, put it in this, then plug it into the USB port on the computer.

    Glad you're having a good time, btw. (spoo) :)

    ReplyDelete